Sunday, October 30, 2011

Perspective

Today I watched a fascinating documentary about indian children who are growing up in brothels, it was called 'born into brothels'. The children went out their daily lives taking photos and telling stories about their families and future.

It reminded me how lucky I am and to really appreciate what you've got, because not everyone is lucky to grow up in the same circumstances as myself.  and it really is a luck of the draw. 

The children in the film thought very deeply about their futures and accepted their fate even when their future was likely to be very negative.

one of the children in the film, a young girl of about five years stated,

"One has to accept life as being sad and painful. That is all."

This really struck me. Unlike others, these children don't hold any expectations or hopes for a better life. 

Another child said "There is nothing called hope in my future". which was also very painful to hear.

 some days, when I feel sad about my life, I always know there is always still hope.

 It makes me feel very sad that young children across the globe have no hope left in theres. 

It is always good to have a better perspective on life.

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Choosing Automotive - Premium Blogger Themes Powered by Blogger | DSW printable coupons